HIV Prevention Community

Shingles but Hiv negative????

I am a 25 year old female and I believe I have had two (now in the second one) bouts of shingles on mytright buttocks. I asked my Dr when the last time I was tested got hiv and he said December 2012 and before that August 2011. Both negative. I have been with the same guy since March 2011 and he was a virgin when he met and wr have not cheated on each other. So with me being negative I wonder what is brining this on?
Having had chickenpox. Singles doesn't have anything to do with HIV.
What teak said.  If you think you have shingles, you need to be treated, see your doctor.  It has nothing to do with HIV.
Do you think that I should get tested for HIV again, or am I ok? Also how do they test for shingles? Sorry I have just been getting more and more sick lately and I have a 3 year old son, so I am just really worried. Freaking I gave something to my kid and not have known, if they makes sense...
You don't have an HIV concern.
So I know you said having chickenpox brings shingles on......but why did it lay dormant for so long now come up? I do feel ill and when I first got it it felt like something bit my buttocks.....my main concern is having HIV and possibly giving it to my son or giving anything to my son. I just look at him and feel like crap bc of my one stupid mistake when I was 18.I just wish i kknew what started it. My first bout was like 2 months ago and I'm going through one now. I have had numerous hiv test since my exposure at 18 and I wish I could be content but I read things that say some people can actually become positive years after
Also is shingles serious?
Post in the proper forum, this forum is HIV specific.
Sorry I am new to this I didn't know. Again I'm sorry