Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Should i be worried?!

Ok, so i had sex with a guy litteraly 13 hours ago.
I am a male, he topped me.
Before we engaged in intercourse with a condom, he wanted to insert his penis inside of me for about 3 seconds, to see what i felt like.
I agreed and did it for no more than a minute.
After that we procede with intercourse with a condom, at what point during sex, i noticed he took off the condom and was engaging in unprotected sex with me.
This happened for like maybe less than a minute also.
But after that another condom was used and he ejaculated in the condom.
I know this for sure because I saw the semen in the condom after he pulled out, the condom was still intact.

After the incounter we go our seperate ways, and i asked him if he was hiv negative, he told me yes he was and that he was also on prep also reccomending i get on prep also.

But later in the day i had the feeling like i needed to pass gas or stool, figuring it was gas i released and felt something liquidy come out of my anus, i go to the bathroom and its this clear fluid, it smelled like semen aswell.
Which i assumed to be his semen, which is contradictory to me seeing that he had finished in the condom.
Then this jelly like substance came out aswell.

I asked him, he said for certain he finished in the condom.

So i am asking what are my risks and how high are they? Should i get on Pep soon as possible?
2 Responses
20801659 tn?1520443393
COMMUNITY LEADER
You have had an exposure without condom, which is always risky.

You can talk to your doctor as you are still on time to get pep, but always check it with him/her before, as pep is toxic.

If you decide to avoid pep, you can go for a combo ag/ab hiv test after 28 days.
2 Comments
Risky, yes. But how risky was that?
Should i do pep regardless?
It's impossible to calculate probabilities. But anal penetration with ejaculation inside is the most risky exposure possible regarding HIV.

A risky situation is that, a risky situation.
Go to visit your doctor, please.
why is he on pep though?
2 Comments
He’s on PREP not PEP.
Different medications.
Whether is on Prep or not, it's better to talk to your doctor. Please, don't hesitate to do it.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.