HIV Prevention Community

Sinus Issues

Dr. HH

Sorry to be back but I have been having sinus problems ever since my test, about two months.  My ears have been full/clogged, I've been congested and I have slight dull pain almost all the time in my ears.  My Doctor says it ETD and gave me Flonase which has done nothing.  I realize that my 11 week negative test should have eased my fears but with this chronic sinus problem I just haven't been able to give it up.  I know these symptoms aren't ARS but could they be signs of HIV complication?  Please if you could answer these following questions I would be extremely grateful:
1.  Can Chronic Sinus issues and ETD be signs of HIV infection?  Not ARS just HIV.
2.  If I was experiencing these issues already would it make it even more likely that my test was acurate?  Or would my early developement of symptoms mean that I haven't developed the necessary antibodies which could theorhetically mean my test was false negative?

Thanks for taking the time Dr.

This discussion is related to What happens in Vegas?.
If anybody else has any thoughts on my situation I would love to hear them.  I know when you read my posts your initial reaction would be to disregard me but I'm really scared about this.  I mean who gets nasal congestion, a string of head colds and clogged slightly painful ears for over two months?  Especially when as a 39 year old man I've never had anything like this even remotely.  I'm having trouble enjoying my life so please help.
See your doctor for your nasal congestions and head colds.
I'm so sorry for what I'm sure you see as rediculous.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate what you do for everyone here and if I didn't think this was serious I certainly wouldn't waste your time.  Is an 11 week negative 100% acurate.  Not many places share that opinion but I feel your knowledge might be more acurate.
3 months post exposure is conclusive.
OK.  There it is.  So I need to retest to be sure that these sinus issues aren't HIV related.  Why do the docs say that 8 weeks is reliable and often tell people they don't need to retest?
I can tell you your sinus issue don't have anything to do with HIV. Sinus is sinus. There are no tests marketed or sold to give a conclusive negative test earlier than 3 months post exposure.
does it matter where a test is performed , i mean 3 months is conclusive in UK and maybe Europe, but how about in New York , where i havn't found any place that provide an advanced test generation ( Elisa 3rd or 4th generation). i beleive at my hospital they use Elisa Hiv1and 2 first generation, is it conclusive at 3 months or 6 month test is required to be in the clear?
There is no first generation ELISA HIV1 and HIV 2. 3 months is when you can obtain your conclusive test results and has been since 2004 that is for everywhere. .
i have done 4 tests on the same day at 15 weeks post exposure
Hiv1and AB (1 gen)  : nonreactive
HIv, pcr rna             : UNDETECTED
rapid hiv1 and 2 finger prick :  negative
Acute HIv test ( viral load) : negative ( but took more time than normal 4 weeks which worried me)

and my doctor when he called me to give results he said your tests are negative, jut come back after the 6 month mark to do another test for conclusive results. in 2 weeks it's going to be 26 weeks and i'm afraid to do the test.
You don't need any further testing. Your results were conclusive.
thanks teak for your appreciated comments.