Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

Still having issues

OK.  So I have officially entered looneyville.  I had a negative test at just over 10 weeks.  However for the last two months, yes that's two months, I have had ear pain and nasal swelling.  I have been diagnosed with Eustachian Tube Dysfunction and Rhinitis.  Was prescribed Flonase which has done nothing after using it religiously for about a month.  I still have twitching around my eyes as well.  I also have intermittent diarhhea (Yeah I'm a whole lotta fun at the moment).

Due to excessive drinking I'm not sure what my risk was but I'm positive it was definitely a risky encounter.  Because I didn't remember the evening I paid no attention to it and proceeded stupidly to have unprotected sex with my wife.  A few weeks later she had text book ars symptoms which I learned about through Dr. Google (I Know I know symptoms mean nothing).  

Do my continuing symptoms have any legitamacy in any of your opinions?  I mean I've never had anything like this, cliche I know, but this ETD is really unsettling.  My doctor says I shouldn't worry about it unless I start showing signs of infection.  Could this ongoing ETD be evidence of HIV complications?  Not ARS mind you but actual HIV issues.  Could my 10 week negative have been false because I haven't developed anti-bodies and that in turn is why I'm experiencing HIV complications earlier than most people would?

Any help here is greatly appreciated.

This discussion is related to What happens in Vegas?.
1 Responses
Your symptoms have nothing to do with HIV
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.