Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.5k Members

Stress or symptoms

About 6 weeks ago I had unprotected sex with a female that I didn't know too well. Afterwards I felt guilty and regreted the whole thing because I never cheated on my girlfriend before. So I stared freaking out about stds. I was panicing and praying and just breaking down to the point where I was in tears. About a week later I got a STD test and everthing came bak negative but I didn't get a herpes test. I felt good for a few days but then I got worried about herpes even though the doctor said I shouldn't worry. So I started feeling the same way I did before, stressed and I had no peace of mind. So I eventually got the herpes test and it was negative. Again I was ok for a week then I started to worry about HIV. Me and my girl had unprotected sex and exactly 2 weeks later she got sick. She said she felt so cold she needed 3 blankets to keep her warm and she said it was a fever. Even though she was sick she still went to work. It lasted a day or two and then she developed a cough and itchy throat that has lasted a week and a half. She said that she got her sister and her manager sick but idk if it's just a coincidence. If u have HIV symptoms  can u get others sick? Before this happed I had a red spot on the roof of my mouth that felt like it move to my throat and cause a very mild pain when swallowing but really keep me from eating or smoking. Now I have pain in my jaw when I open my mouth. I think I have a bad bite but still I never had jaw pain. I'm really stresses out about this whole situation and I just wanna know should I get tested at six weeks and should I be worried?
6 Responses
You a lesbian? If so, you didn't have a risk of contracting HIV.
No I'm a male
Then you need to edit your profile.
Thanx
Thanx
You should test not only for HIV but other STDs which are easier to transmit.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.