HIV Prevention Community
Please help me with the following concern. I had protected vaginal sex with a lady of unknown status. I am little unsure  if my condom was intact. This happened 4-5 months ago. A recent blood work I did shows a very low WBC count and low neutrophils. Does HIV cause low WBC/Neutrophils.Could I be infected and do I need to take a test. Please advise.
You never had an exposure and don't have an HIV concern and you do not need testing.
thanks. Assuming the condom broke and I didnt notice [since I didn't ejaculate, unsure if the condom was intact], is this just a coincidence that my WBC count has gone so low.
You don't assume condoms breaks, when a condom fails you know without a doubt. Yes it's coincidence and has nothing to do with HIV.
If the condom had broken I believe that you would have noticed that. If you feel unsure about what happened then you can test.A duo test 4 weeks after your possible exposure is reliable.

Keep calm :)
You do not need to test.
Hi Teak, thanks. Suddenly I got a cyst like formation in my throat [right side of tonsils]. I saw a doctor and confirmed it is not a strep throat. They are going to do a minor surgery to take out that in the throat. It is 15 days since the incident i described in the original post. Could it be a syptom or do I need to take other STD tests since I am reading french kiss can lead to STD's?
Go and test for STIs but leave out the need to test for HIV as you had no risk.
Since I am not sure if the condom was intact, I am thinking of taking the test. I was not even thinking about this. But then in a recent blood work that i did again, my WBC [that was low] now is at 9 [back in normal range,but a sudden increase from 2.4 in a month] and my Hemoglobin has come down below normal that was normal a month ago. Going by this plus considering that am not sure if the condom was intact should i do a test?
If the condom had failed you would have known without a doubt.
But is this such a coincidence that first my WBC was low, it has shot up and then normal Hemoglobin had come below normal in a month? I am not reading anything anywhere. but this is so strange and I can't believe it is a coincidence. One last time again, should i test for hiv considering the above blood results?
Teak, the room if it was slightly dark, I am thinking I could have missed seeing the condom.

But is this such a coincidence that first my WBC was low, it has shot up and then normal Hemoglobin had come below normal in a month? I am not reading anything anywhere. but this is so strange and I can't believe it is a coincidence. One last time again, should i test for hiv considering the above blood results? Please answer one last time.
I've been positive for 29 years and have never has a low WBC.
No teak, my hemoglobin is low. A month ago when i posted this question at that time the WBC was low which is now normal but a very rapid increase in a month. But right now the hemoglobin is low.
What is the reason you are posting here. You do not have an HIV concern.
Put it this way, in a month since the incident, my WBC has shot up from 2.3 to 9 and the hemoglobin has come down below normal from normal. In the dark room, if i didn't see the condom right, should i take a HIV test just not to overlook the above blood results as coincidence?
Don't worry about your hemoglobin!
If your condom would have failed, your question in here would be quite different and you would be  sating that your condom broke! Dark room or not. Condom failure is nothing you would be unsure about!