HIV Prevention Community

Symptoms

Based on the reading I have done it seems that a white coated slighlty hairy looking tongue is a strong symptom of HIV infection. For those of you that are way more knowledgeable then I am on HIV could you tell me if there is a good chance that someone with this symtom is HIV positive.

Also, would this symptom usualy occur early on (during the first year of HIV infection) or more likely in the late stages of HIV 5-10 years after infection.

I don't know. I hope not. I have this white coated hairy looking tongue for a year ever since my exposure. I will get a test soon will let you know later.
Have you had any tests?

I had a negitive test at 108 days using a Home Access test, but I cannot seem to shake all the symptoms I have had over the last 4 months so I cannot help but feeling like I am either one of the few that have a long window period or the small percentage that got a false negative test.

I wish I could move on.

Are there any other diseases associated with a white coated tongue?
if you have negative test at 108 days than you can forget about hiv.
Yes there are many conditions that are related to white coated tongue, ranging from drinking coffee, to smoking, to many other types of things.