HIV Prevention Community

TO TEAK 9/3/2013

Dear Teak,

I understand you are a professional in this field and I would like to ask for your answers and advice.Thank you very much for your time and kind attention.
The following is my case:

I'm a male and 2 days ago I smoked with my friends sharing a mini bong and a joint.I have had dinner before I do so and during dinner I remember I have bitten myself which cause a small cut on my inner lips. The cut was not significantly large and it doesn't seem like a deep cut since I just accidentally bited it with my teeth. Also I noticed there was another broken small blister before dinner. The time I bite my inner lip and smoking is almost 3 hours in between

My question is that if I have a small cut and a broken blister on my lower bottom inner lip while sharing the bong and the joint

My question is what is the possibility/ percentage of contracting the HIV virus when I put my mouth at the lid of the bong I have been doing this for 3 to 5 times and there were around 6 to 8 people sharing it.Since I have only met the people there and I do not know their status.

I did not see any noticeable blood at the lid of the bong where my lips come into contact but I am not very sure if there is tiny bit of blood which cannot be seen or it has contact with my lips without knowing it myself.

I am wondering if I should go for a virus test. However, I am confused by things on the internet that the smoke generated from the weed, the high temperature from the lighter and the acidity of the chemicals will kill the HIV virus when I inhale it. Moreover, since it is shared by so many people, i think the saliva (or blood drops in the worst scenario) is shared by so many people, so i consider only the person before me who uses the bong is critical.
is this thinking right??

Pls pls pls I am extremely frustrating about the subject and I know I should not be so careless when I realize I have small cuts on my mouth. Pls answer my question as : :

how much is the percentage/ possibilities for me to contract the virus in this way??
in the worst scenario if theres blood on the lid what is the likelihood of geting infected with the small cut from biting the lips while eating and a random small blister??

Should I go for a test??

Many thanks and donations will be made!!! Looking forward for your reply!
No you do not need to test and I believe you were already advised of it. HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child
i'm not teak but i can answer until "teak" gets here.

you had NO risk.  hiv is not transmitted through inanimate objects.  once exposed to air, it becomes inactive and unable to infect.
oops he's here :)
You have just received your answer from 2 of this forums most professional and experienced answerers,i would take that as gospel and get on with your life now--all the best.
Thank you so much to you all, Teak, Lizzie, RainLover71.
I am extremely grateful for all your feedback. I just want to appreciate for all your help and this platform for providing information to people that are sexually uneducated like me. I know this might be a stupid question and yet you guys are still willing to help me to ease my mind. Thank you so much and I will be alert when i come into any sexual contact in the future!
Thank you very uch again!

Best wishes

Sam1029

You're welcome