A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Teak, others...ARS lasts how long?

I have a question about ARS...

I have been having headaches for about 5 weeks..constant headaches everyday. I also have had muscle and joint aches for that time as well. No fever that i know of during that time (at least not one that made me feel sick)

I had a possible exposure about 11 weeks ago...the aches started 6 weeks after that incident.

1. Does this sound like ARS?
2. Can ARS start this late?
3. Does ARS last this long?

Also I tested neg at 4 weeks and 8 weeks. Should I still be concerned?
4 Responses
Most commonly, ARS start surfacing 3-5 weeks after exposure and may last one to two weeks. Only one or two symptoms mean nothing. Most significant indication is fever (101-104 F) with rashes and combined with one or more commonly listed symptoms. having all said that, many people do not develop and sysmptom and remain asymptomatic, though truly infected.

Therefore do not look for sysmptoms, more you are curious about them, more you will feel them,,, best thing is, get yourself tested  and good news is, your 8th week test is negative, highly encouraging, another final and conclusive test a week later and I am sure it will be negative, then just stop thinking about any ARS and back to normal,,,,,,, Good Luck pal
Teak and anyone else... what do you know about the onset of ARS and how long they last?
Does 5 and a half weeks of headaches and muscle aches sound like ARS?
You were never at risk, so whatever is going on with you is unrelated to HIV.
230890 tn?1197651614
acute retoviral syndrome starts 2-4 weeks after infection. average seroconvertion is 22 days and other will do so in 4 - 6 weeks mark. your 8 week negative is a excellent out come an expect a negative on the 13th week mark. your symptoms are not worrisome and not elated to ars. ars comes in a package deal all in one fever,rash etc etc. relax you'll be fine

regards BE COOL

Joe
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.