HIV Prevention Community

Teak can you please help me?

Hey Teak, since you seem to have a lot of knowledge about HIV, ever since I had my "symptoms" i've been suffering from Postnasal drip, very chronic, the back of my throat looks horrible like an infection and my tongue feel dry and looks pale white, I had my 103 days negative HIV test. Do you think its related to HIV? Am I a late seroconverter? I'm kinda lost. Another thing, does a chest x-ray and dental x-ray delay HIV antibodies???? I'm kind of concern now. I went to my doctor, he gave me something to drink, it didn't work, now i"m using a spray for my postnasal drip and it's not working at all, its making my mouth really dry and looks worse. I'm so concern, I'm thinking on going to a throat specialist to check out my throat and take it from there.
COMMUNITY LEADER
What ever your problems are can be related to anxiety and stress, HIV is not your problem and never was from the beginning.

No, the conditions that you have mentioned can't delay sero-conversion.
COMMUNITY LEADER
So now you're playing the "what-ifs" game ...huh ?
A more tactful way of presenting the question (because these Xrays, of course, do not delay seroconversion, come on, now) would be:

Teak, contrary to triple H's statements that he hasn't seen someone seroconvert after 6-8 weeks after exposure, you have and so I must ask: Have you seen seroconvert over 12/13 weeks after exposure (who is not immunosuppressed, undergoing chemo, or an IDU)?
Yep. I hate this. I'm feeling like cr@p and having weird things going on with an 84 day neg.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Look, it's just not possible, you're in the clear, think rationally, average time to seroconvert is 22 days and two weeks following seroconversion one would always have detectable amount of antibodies present. So, going by that 6 week's pretty reliable and you tested at the 12th week, that means 6 weeks in the buffer zone !

Practically, no body, absolutely NO BODY sero-converts late other than people in the last stage of cancer & organ transplantion.

I'm sure you don't have any cancer or an organ in your body which is begged, borrowed or swollen, right ?

I've been experiencing a chronic postnasal drip with dry mouth, white tongue and a nasty infection on the back of my throat, my doctor gives me some medicine without even taking a closer look at my throat it looks really nasty, sore, red...I'm making an appointment with a throat specialist, i'm getting scared now, it keeps getting worse.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Mel,

Prolonged anxiety can make one's immune system a little weak and susceptible to problems like cold & cough, skin lesions, head ache.

Dry mouth, white tongue and sore throat can be caused due to anxiety.

In case you need collateral to believe that, I can give you the links for you to read it for yourself.
Also see a mental health professional to see why you can't accept your negative result. Whatever your problems are have nothing to do with HIV. End of discussion.
Swollen...maybe. Don't know of any cancer and certainly haven't had a transplant. I realize, rationally, I cannot have this retrovirus. Another one? prosably. I have trouble, mentally, accepting this because of physical 'conditions.' When you have been taught for years that oral sex is unsafe it is hard to accept. When you have geographic tongue, petechiae, staph infections, it is hard to accept.

I'm doing my best.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Arghhh...typo : Stolen.

I guess, this typo is still okay, once I was in my cabin and had to call my assistant inside for discussing a report, I had the yahoo msgr right in front of my vision and could see her status "online", I made the worst possible typo, one can ever imagine, guess what ?

I typed " Can you come in for a sex "  :D

Seek help, it's available, you just have to make that move to avail it, you're okay :)
Hah...did she fall for it?

I understand, Mike. These things that have happened to my body are NOT manifestations of my mental state (ie I'm not imagining this). Could it be stress? Possibly. These aren't symptoms such as the 'my throat is sore, I'm sleepy...it's gotta be ARS' BS. I do know I had/have contracted a virus of sorts. My immune system was heightened for a while (I got a trivial rash from picking weeds, I was sneezing a ton, etc.). I suppose I'm ready to accept no HIV but I know that I have/had contracted something.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Jag, it happens, after all we're living a life, we all tend to get sick, stress and anxiety can really screw up things, I'm talking from my experience, I had all possible symptoms when I was scared for the first time, I still have symptoms, I just came out of some infection, it was all over my body and on the head of my penis, I know for a fact that it wasn't HIV but some thing else and I'm seeing a doctor.

It happens, you also have to understand that you never had a risk to begin with, you were never potentially exposed to it.

Seek help before it gets late.
Hey what happened??? I thought u were feeling better!
Hey, I was and do. I go through waves of this cr@p. A good period out with friends, outdoors stuff, etc, then a period of brooding where I remember and acknowledge my symptoms and think about who my partner was. Oh well...

How are you doing?
Yea i hear u, same here. It's crazy, I wonder if it'll ever end, I'm going away next week, hopefully I'll forget about all this nonsense.
When did you test?
the last test I took was July 16th from my april 11th exposure
Ah past the fabled 'window period.' Mine was at 84 days...passed it as well.

Hope you're going somewhere fun next week!
France to celebrate my bday ... what a trip huh?
Not a bad BDay trip if I may say so. Sounds awesome (was there for an afternoon, hah, years back).

Happy birthday!
Thanks :)