Teak pls come in

Please send me a hyperlink to the original,Moderator Teak. Thank you very much.
About the reseach from Dr.K in SF.

Because in China these reseach everyone to konw..but translated in to Chinese means is infection HIV can by oral sex

SO, Please Give me hyperlink to the original in SF Study done ..Thank you Teak.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
http://www.hiv.va.gov/vahiv?page=pr-kb-ref&ref=69&kb=kb-07-02-02&pp=pr

No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS:  Volume 16(17)  22 November 2002  pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117

Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.
Helpful - 0
Teak i can not find these...how to do?
Helpful - 0
Use Google
Helpful - 0
Medical library.
Helpful - 0
Nice to meet you.

i think you understand  me.

Helpful - 0
Introduce about who is DR.K?please tell me
I am  from China..i dont konw who is DR.K
but i know DR.HHH and DR.HOOK
thank you.
Helpful - 0
"but i know DR HHH and DR HOOK"

then listen to them:

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex.  The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way.  Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk".  There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex.  Please educate yourself about the real risks.  If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. "   DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..."   DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?  
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

The observation on thousand and thousand of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort).  DR. HOOK

continuing to post about this NO RISK situation will NOT change our assessment.

kindly move on...you do not have a hiv concern.
Helpful - 0
THANK YOU

in CHINA  oral sex version is too much.

some Moderator said"high risk"and some Moderator said"low risk"

I had a confusion who is right.some Moderators said "we  found new infected persons from oral sex"

so i was afraid again..
Helpful - 0
let me just tell you that ppl WILL lie about their "exposure".

we see it all the time here..."straight" married men who are out having sex with other men.  suppose they test positive...they also want to save their marriage and stay with their wife and kids.  do you think they are going to admit to having ANAL SEX with another guy or say "it was just oral sex" ? ? ?  WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?

no one has ever been infected through oral sex.  you WONT make history by becoming the first to do so.
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much again.

I think i understand about you said!

But still a little fear .
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community