Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Test percentage regarding Antibody(ELISA)

does any one know the percenatge about antibody test during and after onset ARS symptoms.

For instance, Mr.A got symptoms and recovered , and he got a standard antibody test shortly , how do you find this test? reliable?

During ARS onset, is that possible to detetect the antibody by ELISA?

from the studies, ARS and window period are more and less in the same frame. antibody is something to prevent the illness from HIV virus, so, i would say ARS symptoms onset, the body begin to produce the antibody till enough to be detected by test. what do you think ,guys? how long for producing enough antibody by 3rd generation test after ARS onset or gone?
5 Responses
3 months would be the conclusive test.
do u agree with ARS illness means antibody producing in the same frame?
If it were true ARS, yes, because antibody replication is what is causing ARS. You are seroconverting. Meaning you are going from negative to positive. But you would not have enough antibodies at that time for the tests to pick up and you would get an untrue negative result. Like I've told you before you will not know if symptoms are from ARS until you reliably test positive for HIV. That is the reason you can not tell if someone is positive or not by symptoms. You been told all of this at least 25 times and enough is enough.
you dont really think 3rd generation ELISA very sensitive to catch the antibody?

i think in most developed nations, they have very good machine to perform the test.
If there is not enough antibodies to pick up on the test then the analyzer is going to kick out a negative. Like I've told you time and time again there is not a test that says it's reliable at less than 12/13 weeks that is an antibody test. You can get a result with P24 or PCR RNA but they are not stand alone tests. They will still need to be confirmed by an antibody test. No more questions on this you've been told to many times already.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.