HIV Prevention Community

Test results

Hi:

I haw a question about my test result. I'm a 35 year old guy

In Nov 2007, I went to a female CSW in hong kong and had protected oral and fingered her a little. No intercourse at all.

I was very worried afterwards and got the following tests, when I was back in the US

- 20 days: oraquick in NYC and NAT that both came up negative. NY health services said the NAT was good at 16 days post exposure
- 30 days, I had a DNA PCR with Lab Corp and was also negative
- 2 month and 3 month: had oraquick tests in NY were also negative

So I sort of put it behind me. Then I moved to Hong Kong

In the mean time, no exposure at all as I have not had sex with anyone.

At 18 months, tested HIV 1/2 ab combo in hong kong and was negative

Then a year ago, at 30 months, I was in China and had a quick HIV test at a doctor's officebut it came slightly positive. I was shocked and so quickly returned to HK and had a HIV immuno fluorescence test done at a very reputable hospital, and it came back negative. They said this is like western blot so

The doctor told me not to worry bc the test says I am ok, negative.

Should I get retested again? It is now 41 months but somehow i started worrying again? Did I have risks to begin with?

I know it might be my mind that is running like mad. But can use your advice. Thank you so much.

- at 18 months, had a  
You never had a risk to begin with and never required testing for hiv.You wasted all that time and worry for nothing.Anyway the main thing for you is that your safe.All the best.
NO RISK = NO TESTING = NO WORRIES

Hope this helps
Hi:

Thank you for your advice and caring thoughts.  I don't know why but I have been worrying a lot about this in the last 2-3 days, and for no good reason.

Just now I went to the hospital where I had my last HIV test (1 and 2 a/b combo with P24) and requested a hard copy of the negative test result.  It made me feel better to see it in writing, to know that it's real, however irrational this is.

Logically I know there was no risk, and so I am negative and do not need to test. but somehow my mind keeps racing.

So at the hospital, I also asked to see a doctor and requested referral for mental health help.  Will try to see doctors there in the next few days. In the mean time, I will stop visiting all the sites to try to dig up information.

Thank you again for your kind thoughts. I know I don't need to retest, and instead need to get help.  Will stay away now ...