HIV Prevention Community

Testing window

My "encounters" I know would be classed as zero risk activities on this and other respected forums, but anxiety leads me to probably having to test for peace of mind.

French kissing (multiple) events
Mutual masturbation
Protected oral (receiving)
No penetrative sex

Events occurred over a 3 month period with various sex workers, with the last being 30 days ago.  

I contacted my local free hiv centre in the UK, who offer this test:

"Alere 4th generation antibody/antigen testing and is 99.7% accurate"

However, the hiv professional I spoke to said I should test again at 3 months even though it is a duo test and 28 days is a very good indication, but not conclusive.

This seems to contradict what I have read regarding these duo tests. A nearby private hiv centre offering an hiv duo test (not sure if it is Alere) states it is conclusive at 28 days with no further testing needed.

Was the information I was given outdated, or do different makes of hiv duo tests have different "conclusive" time frames?
No risk.

The HIV "professional" is not very good at his/her job.
Thanks.

I know these are not risks for hiv, but I feel I need to test for peace of mind only.

So, is an Alere 4th generation antibody/antigen test conclusive at 28 days for somebody who has had a risk?

Yes it is