HIV Prevention Community

Testing

I live in us NYC to be exact, why did the doctor tell me the window is 6 months? I was neg at 4 months and so happy !!! I don't understand why he would tell me that?? Any advise or fact would be greatly appreciated !!! Thanks soooo much happy holidays!!
He didn't. Your test was conclusive.

http://www.cdc.gov/globalaids/Resources/pmtct-care/docs/TM/Module_6TM.pdf
Page 11
#4
  In an adult, a positive HIV antibody test result means that the person is infected, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the “window for 4 to 6 weeks but occasionally up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at high risk who initially test negative should be retested 3 months after exposure to confirm results
Thanks!!!! He scared the **** out of me!!
I have been told by a doctor that I need to test at 6 month. Even in a lab they told me the same thing. I had an unprotected sex 5 month ago and got a negative at three month. Teak told me exactly the same thing that 3 month is conclusive. Unfortunately doctors put people like me in stress and to be honest I still examine my lymph nodes everyday to see any changes but I know this is crazy. Although I need to be told to relax I should tell you relax
Page 11
#4

i cant found this link
ok :) i found