HIV Prevention Community

Testing

Hi, i have a question regarding testing procedures at HIV treatment centres. My question is how safe are vacutainers used at these clinics?? assuming that there was blood on the needle inserted in my arm to draw blood, will i be infected. based on an exposure like this can somebody get a test done within two weeks and figure out the result. will it be conclusive or wait for 6 weeks?
Please help me, as i want to put my mind at peace.
Hi. Please help.
Please help me.
that procedure is safe, the needles are not reused between patients
Why on earth would you "assume" there was blood on the needle that was used to draw your blood?  
If you are making assumptions like that, HIV is not your problem.  Abnormal anxiety/obsession is probably the biggest threat to your health, both mental and physical.  
You can't go round making assumptions like that - it'll drive you mad!
Why would there be blood on the needle - every test place I know uses sterile single-use needles which are then thrown away.

A test at two weeks won't tell you much - you would need to wait at least 6 weeks (98% accuracy I think) with 12 being officially conclusive.
chirs, do i need to be tested? i understand what you saying but what am trying to say is that can be technical errors? what % risk is involved in an incident like this or is it no risk? please do help
chris, please answer. scientifically, do i need further testing after 3 months?
please help.. i cant afford to shell out 15$..i am sure you know enough to guide me. please