Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

Tonsils swollen and rash, HIV?

Hi. I'm 19 and having a bit of an HIV scare. I had unprotected sex with an ex but he wasn't close to getting cum in me (I guess only pre-cum) (last time we had sex was a month ago but have had unprotected sex before then back in February)
Anyways a few weeks ago I felt a lymph node only on my right side and then my underarms would hurt every now and then. But no fever ever.
Then on Saturday my ears and throat started to hurt and I noticed my tonsils where swollen so the next day I went to a clinic and noticed I broke out in a rash on the sides of my toros, center of chest (breast area), and back of arms. I went to a walk in clinic and came back negative for strep throat or mono and was told the rash didn't look like anything serious.
But today the rash is starting to spread and is now on my right leg around my knee and thigh area. The rash doesn't itchy it's just pink and bumpy.
Could swollen tonsils and rash but no fever be a sign of HIV?
1 Responses
Symptoms or lack of will never tell you anything about HIV. Test at 3 months since last unprotected exposure for a conclusive risk.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.