HIV Prevention Community

UK GUIDELINES

Hello Everybody.
It's been almost 6 months from my exposure, my last test was made at month number 5.
--
Still, like many others worry about the whole thing.
Of course i am getting help with this mental issue that i have, but, besides that...i would like to have some clarification about the UK guidelines that i dont understand.

This is a copy and paste from de PDF. PAGE 11 --

The need for a repeat HIV test if still within the window period after a specific exposure should be
discussed. Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test
at three months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection.
Occasionally HIV results are reported as reactive or equivocal. These patients may be seroconverting (see
section on primary HIV infection) and management of re-testing may be complex and so such individuals
should be promptly referred to specialist care.

What this means?---- Although fourth generation tests shorten the time from exposure to seroconversion a repeat test at three months is still recommended to definitively exclude HIV infection. ----

That person should test at 6 months, or, this is trying to say that at 3 months is conclusive.
???

I would like somebody to answer this. It is really important for me.

If you want to read the pdf, you can get it from WWW.BHIVA.COM

Thanks !

3 months is conclusive. http://www.bhiva.org/files/file1031097.pdf