Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.3k Members

Ulcer in Mouth

On a recent trip to S. America I had protected sex with a girl I meet in a bar (unknown status).  
There are two parts of the encounter that have caused me some concern.  Before we had sex I 'figered' her.  I had two small healing cuts on my cuticle.  I understand from this board that the cuts are not a worry.  The other thing that worries me is whne we were first getting started she was not yet very wet.  After rubbing her for a shot while I put my fingers in my mouth to get some spit on them.  I did this two or three times.  After that she was wet and we had potected sex.  I had a small ulcer in my mouth about the size of a BB.  It was not bleeding but it was whitish.  This is my concern.  I have read all over the internet that an ulcer in the mouth can pass HIV.  Is thsi true?

I decided to post here to get the opions of those that are smarter than I am.  Am I worring needlessly?  I plan to not have sex for the next 3 months until I can get a conclusive test....and one last question.  Are the home tests sufficent or should I go to a clinic?

Thanks for all the help.  My intial google search was out of curiosity but now the more I read the more nervious I become.
5 Responses
No an ulcer in the mouth cannot cause HIV infection. You did not have a risk of contracting HIV.
Thanks Teak, I appreciate your response.  I also have a fissured tongue.  Which is a bunch of flds in the tongue.  Have you ever heard of this with regard to HIV transmittion?

You did not have a risk. PERIOD...See your doctor if you have a concern. It is unrelated to HIV.
The mouth is a hostile environmental for HIV. Folds in the tongue are irrelevant.
Thanks, I really do appreciate it.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.