HIV Prevention Community

Unprotected insertive anal

Hello everyone, about four days ago I have unprotected insertive anal sex with a guy I been knowing over a year. We gave me oral before no complications came from it. I figured he would cause he takes care of himself and he is clean in terms of appearance and how he takes care of himself. However, he has had partners in his past which I believe or told that it was protected. So, I kept in contact with him off and on and just recently we had sex after he gave me oral. I was the top and he was the bottom we started with a condom for about 5 min then I took it off and asked him again before I proceeded and he said he was clean or didn't say he wasn't but  it only lasted 5min to 7max. After I finished I got up went to the bathroom wiped with a tissue no blood just lubricated from my saliva. I urinated and went home washed up and took ciproflextion which I keep on hand for removing bacteria. So, just recently I have started to get a little paranoid and asked him again now I think he is annoyed or at least getting there. I don't ever get sick I have read that ARS is similar to flu symptoms but I never had the flu even when my wife had it and she had it several times I never got it. So, I haven't  even experienced the symptoms cause I rarely get sick. Also, I know you can't tell just by symptoms alone you needed testing. Therefore, should I get tested for this one encounter? I know to ease my  paranoia I should but, is it warranted for this one event? Thanks
Symptoms aren't used to diagnose nor is how long you knew a person etc.

All that matters is a person has to wait 28 days after your last unprotected anal experience for a 4th generation test to be conclusive. If he had gone 28 days since his last exposure and tests negative that is the end of the issue, since you can't catch it from a negative person.
Update: I recently got tested on April 21st with a third generation test where they prick your finger and you receive the results within 15min, which came back negative. However, this test will cancel out all previous exposures for they where 90 plus days ago. The exposure I experienced above was 10 days on April 21 I know I should get tested again but, is this negative a good indication that the next test would be negative as well. Thanks
Of course not, otherwise there would not be a reason to wait to test after 28.
Also, what is the likely hood of a false positive RNA test. I'm thinking about getting on done today.
A third generation test needs a minimum of 6-8 weeks to show a good indication of status but is not fully conclusive until 12 weeks. A 4th gen ab/ag duo test is considered conclusive at 28 days, which is the earliest possible timeframe available to conclusively test for HIV - as long as you used a 4th gen ag/ab test.
Chima7 I believe he is only concerned now about his Apr 10 exposure since the others were more than 12 weeks ago.
I know. That's why he needs to know that his 3rd gen test that he took on April 21 is nothing for an exposure on April 10th. The earliest he could get a good indication of status from a 3rd gen test for an exposure that occured on April 10th is the first week of June. A conclusive 3rd gen result would not be available until the second week of July.

A conclusive result using a 4th gen ab/ag duo would require testing the end of the second week in May.

Getting a 3rd gen test 10 days after exposure is a waste of time and money. Not worth it IMO.
thank you for your reply, I will test in May with a 4th generation. However, from reading you archive of questions I don't believe that I contracted HIV from this one short event. However, I know it is possible.