HIV Prevention Community

Unprotected oral sex with a sex worker in th UK

Please can someone give me advise?

6 weeks this Sunday I had unprotected oral sex with a sex worker in the UK. It lasted about 5min with a min in her mouth before the handjob! Since then I have tested for chlamydia, gonorrhoea  and HIV test 5 days after the event for results to come back nagitive. Since these results I have been  reading about alsorts and been feeling symptoms of muscle pain all over with joint spasm, I have had a rash on my hands and feel totally drained all the time. I have neck and shoulder pain, muscle pain in my arms, legs, hands, feet, joint pain in my elbows, fingers, knees, a tingling feeling on my tongue, pins n niddiles effect all over and high blood pressure!!

In other words I am totally on the edge, stressed out and feel depressed! I know what I did was wrong and I want a second chance to make sure such stupid behaviour is not done again. I have had only one sexual partner for the last 12 years and I feel as I have risked my whole life....

Can someone please advise me what should do as I am totally freaking out......please help what do I have , is it HIV or what STI is it??????
Is there anyone out there that has a possible answer to my previous question?

I am totally stressed out and could do with your support?
No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS: Volume 16(17) 22 November 2002 pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117
Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex. The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way. Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk". There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who believe that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..." DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA
"HIV is not spread by masturbation, through oral sex, through kissing or other casual contact." Dr. Hook
"The observation on thousands and thousands of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)." DR HOOK
"I would not say your risk ,if he had HIV is "slim to none"- that's too high.  I would say they are effectively zero.  How much of his ejaculate or other genital  secretions you may have swallowed makes no difference.  EWH "
"As far as HIV is concerned, there is no known risk of getting HIV from performing oral sex on an infected partner, even if that person's genital secretions get into your eyes or if you swallow." Dr.Hook
HIV is not spread by oral sex, giving or receiving, even if sores, gum disease or blood is present
DR HOOK
The fact is that there are no cases in which HIV has been proven to be transmitted by oral sex, including fellatio..  EWH
Dear Teak,

I have been reading some of your responses and you seem like a very know legible person of the topic.

Please can I ask you a question and please forgive me if you feel that I may be over reacting!

I have been a few official sites, like NHS, Patient.co.uk, CDC, THT, Freedom Health and many more!

All of these sites are giving a different impression in reference to cases reported, low risk categories, zero risk categories, and expert advise.....

As you can see and surly will agree that out there the perception is misleading and secondly a topic high on the agenda in forums.

All of the official sites would have some form of link yet vary In opinions and expert advise.

How can people like me who have committed a stupid act get the reassurance from factual information when it's so vague?

I have never experienced symptoms like I am getting now which all link to syphilis and HIV is some shape or form not too mention, depression, anxeity, stress which all link into the STI mentioned

Believe me, like me there are many people that respect the opinion of good people like you and others on this forum, however you must appreciate why we question ever answer with another question when the information is so vague.

Like I said, please for give me if you feel that I am over reacting, I am just a worried sick, foolish man that is looking at a way to get his life back on track from a stupid mistake.
And uneducated when it comes to HIV. I don't care who you believe but I can tell you in all the years of doing accessments there has never been anyone infected from oral sex.
I respect your judgment and thank you for your feedback.

Can I ask, in your opinion why do you think I am getting the symptoms below since my act?

Muscle ache, tension, pain in random place, arms, legs, shoulders, feet, hands, neck including joint pain?

Headaches, loss of appetite, hot/cold flushes, slight running nose, cough, mild sore throat?

Sencetive tongue, coating, ulcers, crank sore?

Rash on my hands, with fingers joint pain including knuckle pain?

I am not sure if your a doctor and I am not asking you to diagnose me but I just wanted your professional view?
If you are concerned about your symptoms see your doctor. You don't have an HIV concern and you can't be diagnosed over the Internet.