HIV Prevention Community

Unprotected sexual intercourse with commercial sex worker

hi Doctor,
I had an unprotected sex not long ago while entertaining guests in Jakarta - I never asked on her status, but this happened when we are both a bit drunk, I had a sexual intercourse without using condom, I was not ejaculating in her vagina, she gave me a handjob afterwards.
my question is, I read about the high possibility of transmission of HIV through unprotected sex and the symptoms it develops such as ARS, 3 days after the exposure, i had a fever, chills, sore throat (felt like cuts), night sweats, and lost of appetite although no swollen lymph nodes and rashes, but i completely freaked out - the fever last for 3 days and everything back to normal progressively - is this a symptoms of ARS? (almost twice a year I always got a fever due to weather conditions here in Jakarta / hot humid turns into raining season, this time the season change from hot to raining season) i have not tested for HIV, I read about the 'window period', today is 28 days from the day that i think i had the exposure, should I wait until 3 months (or the window period passed) or can get tested today? please help as I am absolutely freaking out now and constantly searching the web for answers. please advise. Thanks.

Best regards,
Donny
You had an exposure by having unprotected penetrative sex. Your symptoms came on to quick to be related to 'ARS. You can obtain your conclusive test result 3 months post exposure.
So basically the test now will not have any accurate result?
how long usually it takes from possible exposure to develop ARS symptoms?
Hi Teak,
The lab will use CMIA test for Anti-HIV, can you please advise if this is a reliable test to detect any HIV within 30 days post exposure? Please advise. Thanks a lot
You can obtain your conclusive test result 3 months post exposure.
hi Teak,
thanks for your info, really anxious to wait for another 2 months for the conclusive tests.
hi... I get tested yesterday and it came to me as non-reactive, in my country i will be required to consult to doctor pre-and post lab test, i have informed the doctor about the possible window period (54 days from the last exposure, roughly 7.7 weeks) she mentioned to me that this should be conclusive, but i heard that 3 months (12 weeks) is really the conclusive test, can you tell me whether my test on 7.7 weeks is a conclusive one? will my test result change later in the next month (12 weeks)? - i get tested early because the level of anxiety i'm having, i almost couldn't sleep every night. please advise. thanks.
http://www.cdc.gov/globalaids/Resources/pmtct-care/docs/TM/Module_6TM.pdf
Page 11
#4
  In an adult, a positive HIV antibody test result means that the person is infected, a person with a negative or inconclusive result may be in the “window for 4 to 6 weeks but occasionally up to 3 months after HIV exposure. Persons at high risk who initially test negative should be retested 3 months after exposure to confirm results
I had an unprotected sex with sex worker, 55 days ago, and in 2013 that's only once, I knew it could not be used as an accurate statistic to show what kind of risk I have, but based on your knowledge, am I in a high risk category?, and 54 days with CMIA tested non-reactive (negative), still inconclusive?
Yes. You have to test after 3 months.
You can obtain your conclusive negative test result 3 months post exposure, meaning you will have to test again.