Unprotected vagina

Hello Dr. 3 months ago I was exposed to a woman.  Unprotected vagina.  I tested it a month later and it was negative I don't know the test generation nor the reliability of the laboratory.But after about 3 months, I had fever, sore throat, and nasal congestion for 6 days.  Are these symptoms HIV?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Doctors don't respond to posts on this forum however it is moderated and we take utmost care to provide accurate information.

Your risk was low and you must have been tested on 4th generation of HIV test since it is most widely used as a standard test in diagnostic centers across the globe. I am confident that you already know at 4 week a IV Generation is conclusive for you.

Supposing that you tested with a III generation, the result would still be very reliable at 4 weeks, since most people would already test positive if they were to be infected from their exposure. It won't be a bad idea to take a final test at 6 weeks for your own peace of mind.

Your symptoms seems unspecific to HIV ARS, they don't show up so late, as stated before, your risk was low and a negative at 4 weeks only reflects that you are fine. Just get that final one at 6 weeks, I foresee a negative.
Right .  And I have lymph nodes behind my ear.  
I don’t know which generation.  I am in a developing country and the laboratory is small and the cost of the test is approximately $ 12.  Is it considered reliable?
You said that your event was 3 (or more) months ago.  ANY test you take right now will be reliable, accurate, and conclusive.
thank you .  .What is the period of symptoms hiv?
I remember that the laboratory told me that it was a calibration HIV . Not Elisa
About 2 weeks post-exposure.  Just take ANY test at any time now, and you will know for certain that you do not have HIV.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community