You can take a 4th or 5th generation test any time now for your conclusive result. If you do not have access to a 4th or 5th generation test (also known as an Ab/Ab test), you can take an antibody-only test 3 months after the event.
Transmission is NOT automatic. In fact, HIV is not easily transmitted and occurs in less than 0.1% of events.
Symptoms for HIV are not specific, and cannot be used to determine if someone has HIV. Just get tested.
Thanks for response,
Yes, ill have to wait window period (min 3 month) to get test. I just feel it very long time.. im get stress thinking about this always on my head every time i woke up in the morning until i sleep at the night.
To make it more clear. “Not automatic transmission” in what case / what situation hiv will be transmision on vaginal sex ? Is it there must be sore / open wound ? And if there is no sore or open wond it cant be transmision the virus ?
Please reponse ? Thanks u so much before
The chances of getting hiv from unprotected vaginal sex from a single exposure is 1/2000 which is 0.05% . the chance of you testing negative would be 99.95% .
But that doesnt mean you can have unprotected sex. Use a condom, always!
Im so sorry to post again some question about thing related with my case above.
Just curious, do you have any idea how much chance the virus from vagina fluid enter to Penis urethra when penetration occurs on unprotected vaginal sex. When there is a quite brief penetration? Let say about 1-2 minute. Is it high or low ?
Wichevers bigger chance transmission of other STD like ghonorea, Claymidia, etc compare to HIV, in case no open wounds when penetration ?
I really appreciated for the response.
Thanks a lot before
It is advisable that you wait for your 28 days and test to get a result. Several members have already reassured you, we understand that you are anxious however, coming up with "What-ifs and "Some-hows" are only going to make your anxiety worse.
As discussed before, the chances of you testing positive from your event is miniscule, wait for your 28 days, until then focus on the fact that risk from a one time exposure, especially for a male from a female is considerably low.