HIV Prevention Community

Urine containing trace of blood splash in the eye

Hello.

I am concerned about an incident that occurred today at work. After doing urine analysis test for a patient I discarded the urine in the sluice toilet. While discarding it, urine splashed into my eye. The urine did not contain visible blood, but the urine analysis test showed traces of blood. Should I be worried? Am I panicking unnecessarily?

Thanks.
Should I be worried? NO

Am I panicking unnecessarily?  YES

If you work in healthcare, you should know that this isn't a risk for HIV.  An eye splash would only be a risk if you were splashed in the eyes with copious amounts of fresh blood, not even a drop or two of JUST blood would create a risk, so certainly urine with trace amounts of blood that aren't even visible would not be a risk.
Thanks a lot.