HIV Prevention Community

Urine test for HIV?

Hi. Had a quick question. Some say that HIV can also be detected through a urine test and that is more accurate than any blood tests for HIV. I am confused now.

1) Does this mean my HIV Combo blood test (CMIA) which was non-reactive (0.24) at 8 weeks cannot be treated as conclusive?
2) I have read that urine contains only HIV antibodies and not the virus itself. Is this true?
3) Should I go for a urine test for HIV ? I am not even sure if the place I live in has any labs that does this. Please advise.
Your Combo blood test at 8 weeks is conclusive to state you are absolutely free from HIV. No need of further testing. There are no urine tests for HIV/ I havent heard of any. Blood tests are accurate and are used in every country. Urine is a sterile fluid, it generally doesnt contain the virus. You be relaxed and enjoy your day :)

Regards,
Nikhil