HIV Prevention Community

VDRL Positive and HIV Negative

Recently I have diarrhea and its due to ulcer and irritable bowel problem as doctors said. Am already fearing that as it is persisting for nearly one month.

Some times back i was involved in Insertive oral sex with someone unprotected. After 3 months of that contact I feared of any HIV transmission so i tested HIV Negative by Western Blot 3 months back. But i didnt test for VD or STD. Now its been 3 months after that.

Now since am getting frequent diarrhea today I tested both HIV and VD...I am HIV negative but VDRL positive. Am very feared that whether the HIV test using Western blot was done properly 3 months back or not. If am VDRL positive will i be HIV positive by any missed chances of test?

Please help by explaining if am at the risk of HIV infection by insertive oral sex or VDRL unprotected. Feared a lot. Do I need to test HIV for insertive oral sex.?
You had no HIV risk.
Does any VD or STD cause diarrhea? I so far involved in insertive oral sex alone..no anal sex or vaginal sex unprotected so far...Please throw some light on that...
Post that question in the STD forum.
Hi Vance,

Thanks for your replies yesterday. Yesterday I posted stating that I tested VD positive in one lab. Today I again tested in another reliable lab and the result is non-reactive. Am a bit relieved.

Also, regarding the HIV risk with my insertive oral sex can I be 100% relaxed that I have not HIV risk. Already my HIV test is negative though.. Please respond. Thanks in advance.
Again no HIV risk.