VDRL test non reactive . does it mean I don't have syphilis?

I took RPR(VDRL) test yesterday due to some symptoms.
The test result came back as non reactive . Does that mean I don't have syphilis ? Is negative and non reactive same
The test was take after 78 days of unprotected sex exposure.
I also took Elsa test which came back as 0.02 negative. So can I be assured that I don't have HIV and syphilis
Kindly help me members
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your 78 days VDRL is conclusive for syphilis, Yes Non-Reactive and Negative is one and the same thing. An HIV test for antibodies alone at the same time (78 days) is highly reassuring and extremely unlikely to change otherwise in the weeks to come. However, since it is still not considered conclusive, suggest you to repeat it after another two weeks to lay all your residual worries to rest permanently, collect the final and conclusive report (rest assured, it will not be different from what you have already got) and move on with your life normally.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community