HIV Prevention Community

Vance - question on rimming and being rimmed.

Vance I understand you are supporting not that oral is no risk. My question is, have anyone come back to you with results that contradicted this? Including being rimmed (hiv risk). Thank you Vance
Vance has not been here since last year. I cannot answer for Vance's personal observation but I can tell you this, as you say, oral sex, including rimming is absolutely no risk for hiv infection. Please feel free to search through the archives, the expert forum as well as the community forum. There has not been a single case that came back saying they got infected through any form of oral. Hope this helps. Be well.
Thank you. Yes it helps. Can I ask you about your knowledge? Are you an expert in this site or just a member like me?
No one who posts here, including Vance, is a medical expert.  However, all members who have been answering questions long-term are educated about HIV and rely on opinions from experts in the field of HIV prevention and treatment.  Further, the owners of this site do not allow members to post incorrect information.  Malbat's answer is accurate.

The only HIV risks for adults are:
1) having unprotected, insertive anal or vaginal sex, or
2) sharing IV drug needles with IV drug users.
I understand thank you but it seems that for the last 2 years the 2 doctors handsfield and hook have moderated their stance on no risk. That's why I am asking. There may have been new developments. An std clinic specialist told me that there is a risk if ejaculation in the mouth with reported cases
We adhere to expert opinion including the experts you mention that oral sex is not considered a risk for HIV.  There is really nothing more to add to that.  We wish you the best and are closing this discussion.

*************************  Thread Closed *********************************************