Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

WINDOW PERIOD/TESTING

I live in the u.k & my healthcare is provided by the National Health Service. The date of the 'incident' I'm concerned by is 24th March this year, I will be tested , or rather have blood taken through my G.P's Surgery ( Not sti clinic ) tomorrow the 21st of May. This will be one day over the eight week mark, from possible exposure. Can anyone tell me if this would be considered conclusive.? I don't wish to discuss risk/exposure etc. Always read a whole mix of opinions, am I correct in thinking that the doctors on here would state that eight weeks is long enough for a conclusive test.? As I had the usual three month quote from my doctor although she still decided to go ahead with the test when I qouted what I thought was the case from information given on MedHelp. So I guess that suggests she isn't firm in her belief of the window period.???
2 Responses
An 8 week negative is highly unlikely to change at 3 months.
Your 3 month post exposure test will be conclusive.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.