HIV Prevention Community
53k Members

WINDOW PERIOD/TESTING

I live in the u.k & my healthcare is provided by the National Health Service. The date of the 'incident' I'm concerned by is 24th March this year, I will be tested , or rather have blood taken through my G.P's Surgery ( Not sti clinic ) tomorrow the 21st of May. This will be one day over the eight week mark, from possible exposure. Can anyone tell me if this would be considered conclusive.? I don't wish to discuss risk/exposure etc. Always read a whole mix of opinions, am I correct in thinking that the doctors on here would state that eight weeks is long enough for a conclusive test.? As I had the usual three month quote from my doctor although she still decided to go ahead with the test when I qouted what I thought was the case from information given on MedHelp. So I guess that suggests she isn't firm in her belief of the window period.???
An 8 week negative is highly unlikely to change at 3 months.
Your 3 month post exposure test will be conclusive.