Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

What are my chances of getting HIV/STDs from a 1 time unprotected oral sex?

Hi everyone, I'm a 20 year old male. On the 21st of August I had a one time unprotected oral sex from a random female I met online. I had no visible symptoms but was very anxious about catching an STD or HIV. After 3 days of intense worrying, I started to have pins and needles in my hands and went to the doctors for a check. The doctor also told me they were due to anxiety. The next day the pins and needles were gone but I was still in constant worry. My palms were also reddish(flushed red). After being anxious out of my mind for 2 weeks, i went for a urine test and hiv rapid test at a sexual clinic. The test for STDs(gonnorhea/chlamydia/syphilis..) and HIV were all negative. To date, I don't have any pains/symptoms when peeing or at my groin area but my palms were still slightly reddish and i had headaches and diahhrea for about 2 days. I read online that red palms, diahhrea and headaches were symptoms of HIV hence I'm still very anxious about it. Can someone assess my chances of getting HIV and STDs from this one time unprotected oral sex? Thanks..
2 Responses
Oral Alex doesn’t pose a risk of HIV. Unprotected vaginal or anal sex and sharing needles pose risks. What you’re experiencing is due to anxiety.
20821760 tn?1523370304
Oral sex is not a risk for hiv,mainly because the mouth environment isnt a very good host for the hiv virus,as hiv virus evolved in genitial environment more,therefore its called a sexual transmitted disease for a reason.

You need to have unprotected vagina or anal sex with some one known positive to have a real risk for hiv infection.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community

Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.