HIV Prevention Community

What is my risk for HIV?

I had a protected sex, unprotected oral(I'm the receiver) with CSW on 17/11/10. During the session, her menstruation came. I pulled out my penis and saw that the condom was covered with blood. CSW went to wash up and changed a new condom for me.

I had a HIV test on 8/12/10, which is 3 weeks from the exposure. The result is NEGATIVE.
This few days I encountered the following signs:
- felt slight pain on the right side of my body,
- gums bleed when brushing my teeth,
- stifness on the left side of my neck,
- tighness on my chest,
- rashes on the chest and the back of my body which dry up easily,
- body aches

FYI: I play badminton and do jogging quite often

So what is my risk for having HIV? I intend to go for another HIV test on the 8 weeks after my exposure.

I appreciate any help! I'm so worried.
So what is my risk for having HIV? ZERO
NickOne7, why do you say ZERO?
NickOne7, why do you say ZERO?

I say Zero, because what he described is NOT a risk of HIV infection.
When searching google, a lot of sites state that HIV can be transmitted through oral sex, and does the fact that there was blood and quite a lot not play a big role in him being at risk. I'm certainly not an expert, just curious?
There is a lot of sites on the internet that give wrong information regarding HIV risks. The ones you found being one of many.

ORAL SEX = NO RISK for HIV infection EVEN when blood is present

If you have further questions please post them on your thread not other peoples

No incident HIV infections among MSM who practice exclusively oral sex.
Int Conf AIDS 2004 Jul 11-16; 15:(abstract no. WePpC2072)??Balls JE, Evans JL, Dilley J, Osmond D, Shiboski S, Shiboski C, Klausner J, McFarland W, Greenspan D, Page-Shafer K?University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, United States

Oral transmission of HIV, reality or fiction? An update
J Campo1, MA Perea1, J del Romero2, J Cano1, V Hernando2, A Bascones1
Oral Diseases (2006) 12, 219–228

AIDS: Volume 16(17) 22 November 2002 pp 2350-2352
Risk of HIV infection attributable to oral sex among men who have sex with men and in the population of men who have sex with men

Page-Shafer, Kimberlya,b; Shiboski, Caroline Hb; Osmond, Dennis Hc; Dilley, Jamesd; McFarland, Willie; Shiboski, Steve Cc; Klausner, Jeffrey De; Balls, Joycea; Greenspan, Deborahb; Greenspan
Page-Shafer K, Veugelers PJ, Moss AR, Strathdee S, Kaldor JM, van Griensven GJ. Sexual risk behavior and risk factors for HIV-1 seroconversion in homosexual men participating in the Tricontinental Seroconverter Study, 1982-1994 [published erratum appears in Am J Epidemiol 1997 15 Dec; 146(12):1076]. Am J Epidemiol 1997, 146:531-542.

Studies which show the fallacy of relying on anecdotal evidence as opposed to carefully controlled study insofar as HIV transmission risk is concerned:

Jenicek M. "Clinical Case Reporting" in Evidence-Based Medicine. Oxford: Butterworth–Heinemann; 1999:117
Saltzman SP, Stoddard AM, McCusker J, Moon MW, Mayer KH. Reliability of self-reported sexual behavior risk factors for HIV infection in homosexual men. Public Health Rep. 1987 102(6):692–697.Nov–Dec;

Catania JA, Gibson DR, Chitwood DD, Coates TJ. Methodological problems in AIDS behavioral research: influences on measurement error and participation bias in studies of sexual behavior. Psychol Bull. 1990 Nov;108(3):339–362.

There is no debate (among experts) about the HIV risks associated with oral sex. The risk is so low that almost nobody who cares for HIV infected patients has ever had a patient believed to have been infected that way. Among experts, it's a semantic issue about using terms like "no risk" and "very low risk". There is no difference between my or Dr. Hook's use of "low risk" and other experts' "no risk".
DR. HANSFIELD

"And oral sex is basically safe sex -- completely safe with respect to HIV and although not zero risk for other STDs, the chance of infection is far lower than for unprotected vaginal or anal sex. Please educate yourself about the real risks. If you stick with oral sex and condom-protected vaginal or anal sex, you have no HIV worries and very little worry about other STDs. " DR HANSFIELD

"I am sure you can find lots of people who belive that HIV is transmitted by oral sex, but you will not find scientific data to support this unrealistic concern..." DR HOOK

"HIV is not spread by touching, masturbation, oral sex or condom protected sex."- DR. HOOK

in the public HIV Prevention forum of MedHelp, TEAK and the other moderators maintain that oral sex in all forms is a zero risk activity. Would you agree with this assessment?
I TOTALLY AGREE / DR GARCIA

"The observation on thousands and thousands of observations is that HIV is not spread by oral sex (of any sort)." DR HOOK