Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.7k Members

What is risk of getting HIV with protected sex with multiple sex workers

Back in May I had protected intercourse with 3 sex workers during the space of a week. 4 months after having intercourse with the last sex worker I tested negative  

1)is this result reliable after 4 months?

2)does this test result cover all over the sexual acts during that week? (It was do taken 4 months after having sex the the final sex worker)
1 Responses
20821760 tn?1523370304
The reason why you tested negative is because you had no risks,protected intercourse with no condom failure rip apart means your safe.
2 Comments
Thank you for the reply.
Just to clarify, is a negative result after 4 months is reliable? And does it cover all of my risks within that week?
You didn't have any HIV risks for the test to cover.  You took an unnecessary test for a disease you had no risk for.

Any HIV test is conclusive 3 months after a risk event.
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1595629445
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.