When should I Get Tested?

Well its been about three weeks since my last sexual encounter its been with a friend I known for awhile we ended up having anal sex unprotected he fingered me anally before hang and I kinda felt he did it too hard it hurt then we started to had sex I didn't know off hand e did not have a condom because I physically seen him grab some and open one he was very thick which hurt I didn't know he didn't have a condom on until it was too late I asked not to be ejaculated in but again it was too late I MENTIONED TO HIM ABOUT SAFE SEX BEFORE AND HE AGREED WHICH PISSED ME OFF BECAUSE I WOULD THINK HE WOULD NOW I DONT DO UNPROTECTED SEX  also when I mentioned it he said that he usually asked if someone wanted to have sec unprotected which also pissed me off  I immediately took a shower to get rid of anything I could.......two weeks past and I caught a cold idk if its because of that night or the sudden change in weather since I live in NJ  I wanted to know how long should I wait until I take a STD and HIV test where I would know if I have anything
STD questions post in the STD forum.
HIV DUO test at 28 days. Or an antibody test at 8 weeks.
Does the OraQuick test counts as the HIV DUO test?
No that is an antibody test
ok so where can I take this test or buy it for home use
See a Dr for a DUO test
take elisa fourth generation test...after 1 month according who ..fourth generation window period is one month ....and rapid or antibodies test window is 3 month then 6 month...
it is combo test hiv 1 and 2 with p24 antigens ,..it detected virus from your immune system and blood
6 months antibody test is old and outdated.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community