Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
52.6k Members

White tongue-To Teak

Is white furry tongue or may be thrush is a primary symptom of hiv infection?
What is the percentage?
Have you seen this in new hiv infections??
44 Responses
229411 tn?1189759425
thrush is present in later stages of HIV.

Try brushing your tongue with a toothbrush and toothpaste. I bet it will go away. Its called PLAQUE.
I had the same problem...I found just brushing my tongue took away most of it.  There is still some whiteness in the back but from what i understand a little whiteness is normal.
no it is not plaque ..........plaque this is what you see in the morning after waking up.
Mine is complete white furry tongue with white pin like dots on it and when i brush it i can scrap some part of it but not all.after 2 hours it is again completely coated.is it OHL???????/
I am using good brushing with tongue cleaner and mouth wash but it is not going........
Now i am completely lost with this and just wondering what is this.
is it a sign of ARS??
I have this too.
do not have courage to go to a doc.  before my 16 week test
172023 tn?1334675884
Stop looking at it, and stop attacking it with toothbrushes and cleansers.  It will make it worse.

If you are really bothered, go show it to a dentist.  
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544698865
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428180348
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.