HIV Prevention Community

White tongue-To Teak

Is white furry tongue or may be thrush is a primary symptom of hiv infection?
What is the percentage?
Have you seen this in new hiv infections??
thrush is present in later stages of HIV.

Try brushing your tongue with a toothbrush and toothpaste. I bet it will go away. Its called PLAQUE.
I had the same problem...I found just brushing my tongue took away most of it.  There is still some whiteness in the back but from what i understand a little whiteness is normal.
no it is not plaque ..........plaque this is what you see in the morning after waking up.
Mine is complete white furry tongue with white pin like dots on it and when i brush it i can scrap some part of it but not all.after 2 hours it is again completely coated.is it OHL???????/
I am using good brushing with tongue cleaner and mouth wash but it is not going........
Now i am completely lost with this and just wondering what is this.
is it a sign of ARS??
I have this too.
do not have courage to go to a doc.  before my 16 week test
Stop looking at it, and stop attacking it with toothbrushes and cleansers.  It will make it worse.

If you are really bothered, go show it to a dentist.