HIV Prevention Community

Worried I have HIV

I am 21 year old heterosexual male, I had unprotected vaginal intercourse approximately 3 weeks ago, a week or so after my throat started feeling sore, had a mouth ulcer and swollen lymph nodes. I do feel more tired as of late, I don't know if this is because of all the stress and worry I have been feeling or something else. Furthermore today I started feeling quite sever burning pains through my legs, I know that leg pains aren't normally considered an early symptom of HIV, but I thought best mention it for full disclosure. I took an STI test which came back negative, the female in question said she is clean and has also taken a test (waiting on her results). I know the best advice is try to calm down and wait to get tested, but naturally I am starting to freak out. So just wondering based on what I have mentioned above does this sound like HIV?
No it does not sound like ARS.
How can you be so sure and conclusive? Furthermore if I was to take the HIV Duo test a few days earlier would that still be as accurate as 28 days or not?
If one has ARS it comes on 2-4 weeks post exposure and lasts 1-2 weeks.
Well this has come on 2-4 weeks after exposure and hasn't gone away yet. So surely it could still be ARS right? Also in regards to my last question if I was to do the 28 day test a few days earlier how would that affect the accuracy rate?
You can obtain your conclusive negative test result 3 months post exposure.
Thanks for your help, will go in for my 28 day HIV Duo test this Thursday and will post the results (hopefully good) shortly after.
That DUO test will be 99% reliable at 4 weeks,you can then follow up at 3 months for a conclusive result.
You would have had a very high fever if it were ARS.
Does anyone know how a hiv related sore throat actually feels? To be honest mine isn't painful at all but just feels very swollen, so there is some discomfort when swallowing. Most of my symptoms also seem mono related so maybe it is just that?
The 3 classic ARS symptoms are very high fevers,body rash,very sore throat.
HIV has no specific symptoms.
So I just got back from my gp, because alongside my inflammed throat I have been exhibiting chest pains as well I know that isn't a normal hiv related symptom. He put down my sore throat, chest pains and swollen lymph nodes as due to anxiety over me thinking I have contracted hiv. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone before? The symptoms I'm feeling are real and not a figment of my imagination.
HIV does have specific symptoms if one is experiencing ARS and a study found that high fevers was the most common symptom.
Wrong. There are no symptoms that can point directly to ARS and differentiate it from other illnesses.
Quick update, the good news is that the girl I was with just got her results back and everything came back negative for her, since her last sexual relationship was over 9 months ago if she did have anything it would have shown on the tests. So I do not have HIV but just for complete peace of mind will still be going in for my test this week. Thanks for all the help and advice.
Get your test results so you know your status.