Worried about HIV test results

I had unprotected sex twice with a guy 3 months ago. I took an Oraquick HIV rapid test 2 months after exposure and it came up negative. Today I went to the gynocolegist and had an extensive STD screening. They took 3 vials of blood to test for syphilis, HIV, and other things. I will not get my results until Monday. I am really anxious about my HIV test results. I have been experiencing ARS symptoms like headache, low grade fever, and painful lymph nodes in my neck. Was the Oraquick test accurate at 2 months post exposure? Is the result likely to change?

I should add that it was unprotected anal sex.
3 months is need for a conclusive results. 2 months negative is encouraging being antibodies are considered to start being detected as early as 22 days ( blood test ), however this is no gureentee. Blood test are a bit more sensitive than Oraquick swab tests but at 2 months thats good news.

Symptoms are not specific and could be other things so its good you are getting a complete STD check.

Unprotected anal is very high risk, I'm sure you've learned from this.

Hope you recieve a conclusive negative today and get to feeling better.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community