HIV Prevention Community

Worried about getting HIV

I had unprotected anal sex with a male with an unknown HIV status about 8 days ago. I was very drunk and not smart. I was the top (insertive). I have had severe anxiety about contracting HIV. I am extremely fatigued and tried all the time since the encounter. I feel like there is alway a "lump in my thoart." On day 6 started to feel alittle feverish.Could HIV be the cause of my fatigue and feeling generally unwell? Or are these symptoms from having severe anxiety for the past week? I am very scared. I plan to get a RNA HIV test soon, because I can't wait 3 months to get a HIV antibody test. Please help me. I don't know if I can take this burden much longer.
It would be better if you could wait until 28 days post exposure ((just 20 more days, which I know may be hard for you)) to take a DUO test. Any result at that time would not be likely to change at 12 weeks, some would even say conclusive ((not me, but extremely accurate)). RNAs are expensive and have a higher chance of giving FALSE positives, which could be very upsetting in your current situation ((or for anyone actually)). I would say do the DUO, and if it's a negative, you should take a sigh of relief, but do follow up at 12 weeks with another antibody test for a conclusive result
What do you think about my fatigue and symptoms? Could it be the HIV already?