HIV Prevention Community

Worried of HIV Exposure

Hello, I am very worried and anxious I might have been exposed to HIV. I received unprotected oral and gave protected anal to a guy I met online 17 days ago. There were other physical contacts involved such as kissing, fingering, etc. He stated that he was sexually healthy therefore clean.  A few days (2-3) after the incidents I developed signs of fatigue, headache (tension on the head), naussea, insomnia, abdominal discomfort, and over-all tiredness. These symptoms have not disappeared.

I met the same person after two weeks, this time the condom broke during anal sex for about 10-15s before I realized it. I quickly used a new one. The guy reassures that he is free of any infection. However, I am very stressed and anxious about the event.  Could my symptoms be the result of worrying too much. Could they be anxiety driven. I am very worried. I am thinking about getting an std test done.  Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi, symptoms do not define presence of HIV. If your condom broke when the genital was inside him then you need to test yourself after 28 days of the exposure with a 4th gen duo test. Generally people do not lie about their HIV status but a risk is a risk.