HIV Prevention Community

Worried sick

10 days ago had what appeared to be protected vaginal sex with prostitute in wv unsure of her status but  suspect drug use took Ora quick test today negative after sex with her the condom appeared to be intact and checked be filling half full with water and did not see any obvious leaks worried there may have been a pinhole in it just wonder what the likelihood I was exposed to big and how likely given the conditions that I might have been infected I know you he pea quick test was a waste but thought there might be antibodies this soon is that even possible
condom protected sex = safe sex = no testing needed.

condom failure is catastrophic…you would know

KUDOS for using a condom  :)
Do you think it would be always catastrophic after testing the condom it was discarded and my nerves got the best of me so I tested it again and it broke while testing it held water there was one or two drops to on the tip of the condom and while moving around it ripped about an inch like long almost at the tip and all the water rushed out of it is it possible there was pinhole there all along and it happened to fail then could there be exposure if there was a pinhole
I just am worried sick that there may have been a pinhole in condom the whole time that would have let virus in I'm so scared feel like I'm looking down the barrel of a gun waiting on it to go off
There are no small little holes in condoms.  There are designed so that when they fail, there is no doubt.
I saw the girl out today and stopped and told her how much I'm freaking out over this she told me that she is clean and she has kids and wants to stay clean I don't know what to do as my wife will probably want to have sex soon I'm scared
NOT to sound rude…BUT…what part of NO RISK are you having trouble understanding?
I'm sorry Lizzie Lou I am just paranoid that guess it's just that my mind is playing tricks on me I did use a condom and really don't think there was any exposure it's just that while testing it a second time it broke which makes me wonder was there a small hole in the condom that caused it to break if there was such a hole would I have been exposed if she had any thing how much exposure would a small hole give me since I'm sure that while thrusting and cumming there would be positive pressure on inside of Condom also does big actively seek out and entrance to the body or does it do its thing if it ends up in the right place
I guess my questions were if there was a pin hole in condom how much exposure would I have and does hiv actively seek out a entrance to the body or just did what it does when it gets there I would like to take a pcr ran test but don't know if that's right thing to do or if it would work it has been 12days today
If there was a small pinhole in your condom, it would have tore it once you put it on your penis.
COMMUNITY LEADER
As you were told already, you do not need any test because your exposure was protected and protection means protection. You will simply waste your time and money on tests because the risk never existed
as many know here…guilt creates a risk in your mind.  work on that emotion because you don't have a hiv concern.
Thanks to everyone for the advice and comments. There is probably a good deal of guilt involved with my feelings and worries. the best I can remember the condom was intact and there were no leaks but in order for the condom to break while testing wouldn't there have to be a little hole in it to start with