HIV Prevention Community

Worrying about HIV

I wonder if you could help.

Last June I visited Amsterdam, I went to two sex workers on seperate days, the first I was very drunk and did not ejaculate. However I did have a condom on as i left it on until I got to the hotel which was when I took it off. The second time was the same, again it was oral and Vaginal sex, The worker used a condom that she had and it did not last long.

I have had the flu/cold a few times since the insident and a week or so after i was in amsterdam, I was not botherd untill now when I noticed on the back of a Condom packet it said condoms are not 100% protection against HIV.

This has scared me slightly and I am wondering if I should go and get tested for HIV?

They are not 100% efficient against HIV, because they might break. If it didn't break, nothing to worry about.
You had PROTECTED sex. NO RISK.

As tonyb said, the condom packages say that because they might break,  which is true.  
Use a good quality condom to lessen that chance and as Teak recommends, use Latex, Polyurethane or Polyisoprene Condoms.

While condoms are probably sometimes supplied by the sex workers, I would strongly urge you to always supply your own. You will know the condom is of good quality and there has been no chance of any tampering. The cost is well worth the peace of mind.