HIV Prevention Community
How accurate is the hiv rna test at 2ish weeks after possible exposure. My doctor recommend this test because I received oral sex from someone that turned out to be hiv positive. I am reallly freaking out as I had a small cut on my penis. I am losing my mind with worry since it takes so long for the results to get back (7-10 days). Also is horrible stomach cramps a symptom?
It's a pretty decent indicator from 10 days onward.  However, since it is not a diagnostic test, if you had a risk you should take a DUO test at 28 days.

But, you never had a risk.....
I have so many of the symptoms and since i had cut they said it was possible. Rash, temp, stomach pains, flu like symptoms. I really hope your right, just that was the first she wanted to test. Also what is duo?
Also what makes a test diagnostic. I thought test meant diagnostic. Sorry if stupid question
Your symptoms are due to fears of contracting hiv okay. Your Pcr nat test at two weeks time will be  accurate ..................
Duo test is combination of hiv antibody test + p24 antigen test which shows definite results from 28 th day onward from date of exposure..........
Hope you have taken pcr nat test at weeks time . Hiv RNA IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT............