Aa
A
A
A
Close
HIV Prevention Community
53.2k Members

accuracy

how accurate is  p24 combination antibody test for hiv if i will take the test at 4 mos after a possible contact?
8 Responses
4 months after an incident would give you certainty.
I do not know why you took a p24, an AB test would be just fine.
If you are infected, a P24 test is unreliable after 4 weeks.
but hiv test here is hiv combi test with p24 did you mean that hiv combi test is not accurate at 4 mos
you are WELL outside any time frame for HIV testing.
you are conclusively NEGATIVE.
The second half of a Duo test is an antibody test.
Why is a p24 test unreliable at 4 weeks when this is the time period manufacturers state it is most effective at (28 days)?
second to that teak. I got my P24 and A/B test done after 25 days of exposure. What you think about accuracy in that time frame.
Dear Sir;
I am 40 year male, i did unprotected sex with CSW last 8 month ago, last 3 weeks, i suffered weakness,tiredness, white patch on my mouth and throat. so, i am so scare and did at home with Rapid test kit show hiv 1 an 2 positive. i am anxious and then i went to famous private laboratory done HIV ELISA and HIV DUO Ultra test.
after 1 scaring night, result return that ELISA- Non reactive, DUO Ultra test- Negative (Ab- 0.08, Ag- 0.00)
1. it that mean i am not HIV?
2. different between rapid test at home and lab ELISA TEST?
3. both ELISA and HIV DUO ULTRAtest can detect HIV 1 and 2?
4. home test rapid test can be false positive?
5. should i do another tests?
i hope from you reply and comments of my result
  thanks
        jame
my email is ***@****
gave me chance if you reply by my email
if not please reply at forum
i am so nervous
Have an Answer?
Top HIV Answerers
366749 tn?1544695265
Karachi, Pakistan
370181 tn?1428176748
Arlington, WA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
These tips can help HIV-positive women live a long, healthy life.
Despite the drop in new infections, black women are still at a high risk for HIV, the virus that causes Aids.
What are your HIV treatment options, and how do you choose the right one? Our panel of experts weighs in.
Learn the truth behind 14 common misconceptions about HIV.
Can HIV be transmitted through this sexual activity? Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia answers this commonly-asked question.
A breakthrough study discovers how to reduce risk of HIV transmission by 95 percent.