HIV Prevention Community
I had an elisa done on the 19 of December and since then have been having panic attacks. My last exposure was in early to mid-August by vaginal sex. Should I feel this test is conclusive? How do you guys cope with stress? I've never had this much stress in my life before.
I've been crying every single night and am unable to shake this stress off
you are conclusive have fun man its like you are re born buy your self some good condom and use it next time. forget it man your results are conclusive in taiwan, england austaraila USA cyprus germany pretty much the countries that spend the most money on it ok so cheers buy a beer to night but keep it safe ok
Sorry, I'm a female. Haven't updated my profile. But thanks for the reassurance.:)
I live in the US
PLease help me someone
Please,it's time to relax because your negative test is fully conclusive,why would you think it wasn't.You have absolutely no reason to stress or be anxious.Is it because you think you need to test out to 6 Months? Well if that's the reason for your anxiety,your wrong.There is no such window period as 6 Months anymore,it's 3 Months and has been since 2004.You don't have HIV and you need to accept this fact.Yes,you have had a scare but there is no need to continue with the worry and panic.The crying and sleepless nights are not doing you any good and it is time to seek some therapy to manage this problem.Once again,you don't have HIV.
You're a great person for reassuring people. I'm a very anxious person in general and this scare is getting the better of me. This anxiety has been debilitating...I haven't gone to work or school in over a week. All of the counselors I have talked to say that they can't help me with this problem. I've become slightly addicted to the hotlines though, because in my bouts of sadness they help me...as you are right now. They have also said that there may be some other underlying issue that is making me feel this way. However, I haven't identified it yet:/.
Is it possible you feel guilty and have managed to create a situation of fear in your mind to punish yourself?!  Listen to rain lover.   Relax and enjoy life it's probably 30 times more likely u could get hit by lightning but do you worry about that ?   Just saying.   I'm not a dr.  But I hav worried a lot in my life and a lot of the things we worry about don't happen but we can cripple ourselves with fear.  Relax b happy If u were tested past three months try to believe and trust result.   I hope you take my words as Simone who understands worry and is trying to help?!!
Someone.  Typo.
I always told myself to wait till marriage
Don't beat yourself up.  You are human.  Forgive yourself if u haven't already.  And maybe the worry will leave !!!!! All the best!
i use to drink it out and research about HIV listen a person who has very impaired immune system will only take 6 months in other word if your body has no developed detectable amounts of antibodies then you are more likely to die of the common cold ok so don t worry. take for example my situation i had protected anal sex with a CSW i really don t think it was anal because i did not feel a thing however i tested out to 12 weeks and it was all negative however when i got my 12 week test i did not see the lab guy open the syringe in front of me and now i feel that i want to repeat the whole 12 weeks again so your situation is better than mine and even when you get married ask your husband to get tested because most people don t know they have HIV best ok luck you are safe god bless you