beach

I have been having some MAJOR paranoia...I just was reading an article in newspaper online about woman from the EXCACT beach I go to at home who just was walking, discarded needle in her foot. I only am freaking out because the summer before, while walking through felt a pinch/something sharp on bottom of my foot, EXACTLY where they described this woman walking. I know it is not exactly "rationale" to base my fear of her location and everything, but it's really freaking me out...what if it WAS in fact a discarded needle like in this woman's case...I haven't had an hiv test since before this incident, but I have not had any new risk factors. The article mentioned something about the beach not being a "good" environment for the virus to survive, even in a needle...any truth to this? What if in fact I was stuck by the needle of someone who had discarded it the night before, or somerhting like that, bottom of my foot by callous part...huge risk? Please respond, teak would really appreciate read, so nervous, what to do/think.

Thank you.
oh also, the pain wasn't ridiculously sharp, and I remember it didn't bleed...if that changes anything...thanks again.
There has never been anyone infected with HIV from a needle stick in the environment.

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community