HIV Prevention Community

cold sore

if you have a cold sore on your lip that is 1 day old redish and not visibly bleeding can you get hiv if blood comes in contact with it. can it absorb the blood? is a cold sore considered an open wound? thanks
I would HIGHLY doubt that you would or could be infected with HIV due to having a cold sore on your lip.
so if a cold sore is not bleeding it is not an open wound and hiv cant be absorbed or get in, is this a correct assumption? or is a cold sore like a mucus membrane? the cold sore was probably only 12 hours old.
seek professional mental help for your hiv phobia.
Thanks, i am trying to understand the virus and how it works. there is nothing on the internet about hiv from cold sore on lips. am i right in my assumtion that if it is not bleeding or an open cut then there is no risk because the virus cant get in?
how about this.

HIV IS TRANSMITTED THROUGH...
UNPROTECTED VAGINAL/ANAL INTERCOURSE
SHARING IV DRUG WORKS
MOTHER TO CHILD

period
i agree. they are the only type of documented cases outside of health care settings. However, my question relates to the theoretical risk of transmission from blood to wound and wether a cold sore would be considered as a wound capable of absorbing the virus?