HIV Prevention Community

could an hpv vaccine cause an indetermnate hiv test?

Hello-
I have recently gotten an hiv test which came back indeterminate. I am not a drug user and the last time I had unprotected (oral) sex was seven months ago.  I have to wait to test again in a month.  Four months ago I received my first shot of a series of three HPV vaccines. Three months ago, I received the following vaccine and I'm due to get the third vaccine in a few months.  I also received a TB screen test about three weeks before the hiv test.  Could these be factors that caused the test to come back indeterminate? or are they completely unrelated? HELP!
is anyone qualified to answer this question?????

If your last exposure was 7 months ago and was only unprotected oral most likely your indeterminate result will turn out to be negative. If you were to be positive it would be positive by now. Call your Dr tomorrow and ask for a copy of the results. Ask your Dr if an ELISA was done before the Western Blot. Find out what bands were found. Also find out the lab test number was ordered. My Dr thought he had ordered an ELISA, but when my specialist cross checked it, it was found that the Dr had only ordered a Western Blot.

The Drs I asked said HPV shouldnt cause an indeterminate HIV test, but there are cross reacting antibodies from time to time in your blood and no one is 100% sure why.

Click on my name and read my posts.

Read this whole link:
http://****
No your vaccinations would not cause an ideterminate result.