HIV Prevention Community

degree of accuracy

Just 2 questions:

1/ after testing Negative for HIV how far back does this give you protection?

2/ We know that a conclusive test is 12 weeks after last exposure but don't most people test positive very soon after HIV infection?

So by simple curiosity what would be the degree of accuracy on a test done 10 days after exposure? I test negative on that test and wondering if I should test again at the 12 weeks mark considering I had protected sex.
simply because it doesn't cost me to do so and I'm sexuality active and responsible. The question was not about if I should or shouldn't get tested ;)

Beside, he was tested negative 2 years ago and did not have a need to test since he only had two partners since  (me included) and always had protected sex. Yet, he was obligated to test for his US immigration medical and it came back positive. Makes you think! someone who though he did not have to test..

how about question 1 and 2 ?
What do you mean it doesn't cost you? You pay taxes don't you?
whatever.