HIV Prevention Community

early treatment of hiv

I am wondering the value of getting treated for HIV infection 2 months after infection vs six months after infection?  I live in British Columbia Canada and they provide excellent treatment to those infected with HIV.

I am currently working in a foreign country and if I get tested I will be deported and wish not to arrive home for Christmas with hiv and no job - I would rather arrive home four months later with more money in the bank a place to live and then get treatment.

But I am not sure if I getting early treatment is important?  Waying that aside the depression that will set in if I must go home.  

Please provide some insight.

In conclusion,  I'd love to get tested but - there are too many factors involved I am not testing this moment.  Please help / guide.  thank you.
You're not going to get treatment that early to begin with. Treatment will begin when your CD4's drop below 350 and your VL is highly elevated. It may take 3 years or longer to ever need treatment.
Are you stating that you are pos -or- are thinking that you are positive and afraid of testing before your ready to deal with what you think will be a positive test? I'm also Canadian my friend -Montrea, Quebec. I'm also afraid i maybe pos from a needle stick, what happened that makes you think you have hiv? Listen to Teak, he knows his stuff really well man.
I am afraid of testing b/c I feel I will get a positive test result.  

It is these freakin purple marks on my hands they are really weirding me out.  The other day I thought I put a purple marker on my hands but it wasn't a marker.  Then the marks disapeared.

Also have had a rash on face and neck.

I went to the foreign doc's office they said oh don't worry its blood vessels.  But I know this is not normal and I know something is up and I can't think of what else it could be.  Menangitis caused by Herpes infection?

Thank you.
If you don't test then you won't know your status. I take it by your remarks that you job is more important than you health. You can always get another job. Which is more important?
My health is most important.

The thing I am grappling with now, Does it really make a difference if I get tested now or in five months.  Given I won't receive any treatment if I do test positive????
Why do you have to wait 5 months man?
I don't get it.
Go to an anonymous test site if you are afraid of immigration,
get a test for stds/hiv and then make a decision based on solid info my friend.
Chin up, your probably negative anyways.