HIV Prevention Community

father to child hiv transmission at birth

I have following questions

1.  What is lymphopenia?
About 4 years ago my daughter and I was diagnosed with minor thelisima with neutropenia.  Now after 4 years a different doctor is stating that my daughter’s Neutrophils or ok and she could have lymphopenia instead of neutropenia.  So I am little lost.

2. Can hiv positive father transfer the infection to his child, without ever infecting the mother?

About 9 years ago I received unprotected oral sex from two sperate people and about 17 years ago I had unprotected sex.  My wife was recently tested negative for STD.  I have been married for 9 years now, my wife is the only person I have ever had any sexual relationships with.  Recently my doctor told us that my daughter could have lymphopenia, could it be possible that I am infected with hiv and have passed that on to my daughter without ever infecting my wife.

Please let me know.

1. A reduction in the number of lymphocytes in the blood
2. No way on earth.
Please elaborate on the second answer.
hiv can be transmitted from mother to child...
so HIV can only be transmitted from mother to child or can it also be transmitte from father to child
The father cannot transmit HIV to their child.